Monday, March 19, 2012

Introduction

Pole dance, or aerial pole, is an amazing sport that has made its way out of dingy clubs and circus rings, and into dance studios and private homes of men, women, and children all over the world! Unfortunately for the advocates of this activity, much negative stigma surrounds our beloved sport; after all, there is still a brass pole at 99.9% of strip clubs. It is due to this stereotype that I commit myself to this blog, the mission of which is to educate and entertain all those who are interested in aerial pole/pole dance, and to segregate the noble from the sleazy.


I have been practicing pole dancing for almost 3 years now, starting from complete scratch. My background is in middle distance running, so I have no flexibility, and no additional dance ability aside from my natural instincts. My range of movement involved running counter-clockwise laps on a rubber track for ten years, not anywhere close to the 360 degree matrix like demands of pole dancing. After much injuries, pain, and bravery, I'm now at a comfortable level, but still have eons to grow.


Join me in my memories, my adventures, my insight, and the progress of the sport and myself alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment